This privacy notice applies between you, the User of this Website and Warrior Citizen Science Ltd, the owner and provider of this Website. Warrior Citizen Science Ltd, takes the privacy of your information very seriously. This privacy notice applies to our use of any and all Data collected by us or provided by you in relation to your use of the Website.
Please read this privacy notice carefully.
Definitions and interpretation
1. In this privacy notice, the following definitions are used:
Data collectively all information that you submit to Warrior Citizen Science Ltd, via the Website. This definition incorporates, where applicable, the definitions provided in the Data Protection Laws;
Data Protection Laws any applicable law relating to the processing of personal Data, including but not limited to the Directive 96/46/EC (Data Protection Directive) or the GDPR, and any national implementing laws, regulations and secondary legislation, for as long as the GDPR is effective in the UK; GDPR the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679;
IWarrior Citizen Science Ltd, is a company incorporated in England and Wales with registered number 69301553 whose registered office is at BASECAMP, Tavistock Road, Princetown, Devon, PL206QE
User or you any third party that accesses the Website and is not either (i) employed by Warrior Citizen Science Ltd, and acting in the course of their employment or (ii) engaged as a consultant or otherwise providing services to Warrior Citizen Science Ltd, and accessing the Website in connection with the provision of such services; and
Website the website that you are currently using, www.warrior-ocean.com, and any sub-domains of this site unless expressly excluded by their own terms and conditions.
2. In this privacy notice, unless the context requires a different interpretation:
a. the singular includes the plural and vice versa;
b. references to sub-clauses, clauses, schedules or appendices are to sub-clauses, clauses, schedules or appendices of this privacy notice;
c. a reference to a person includes firms, companies, government entities, trusts and partnerships;
d. "including" is understood to mean "including without limitation";
e. reference to any statutory provision includes any modification or amendment of it;
f. the headings and sub-headings do not form part of this privacy notice.
Scope of this privacy notice
3. This privacy notice applies only to the actions of Warrior Citizen Science Ltd, and Users with respect to this Website. It does not extend to any websites that can be accessed from this Website including, but not limited to, any links we may provide to social media websites.
4. For purposes of the applicable Data Protection Laws, Warrior Citizen Science Ltd, is the "data controller". This means that Warrior Citizen Science Ltd, determines the purposes for which, and the manner in which, your Data is processed.
5. We may collect the following Data, which includes personal Data, from you:
b. contact Information such as email addresses and telephone numbers;
c. in each case, in accordance with this privacy notice.
How we collect Data
6. We collect Data in the following ways:
a. data is given to us by you; and
b. data is collected automatically.
Data that is given to us by you
7. Warrior Citizen Science Ltd, will collect your Data in a number of ways, for example:
a. when you contact us through the Website, by telephone, post, e-mail or through any other means;
b. when you register with us and set up an account to receive our products/services;
c. when you complete surveys that we use for research purposes (although you are not obliged to respond to them);
d. when you enter a competition or promotion through a social media channel;
e. when you make payments to us, through this Website or otherwise;
f. when you elect to receive marketing communications from us;
g. when you use our services;
in each case, in accordance with this privacy notice.
Data that is collected automatically
8. To the extent that you access the Website, we will collect your Data automatically, for example:
a. we automatically collect some information about your visit to the Website. This information helps us to make improvements to Website content and navigation and includes your IP address, the date, times and frequency with which you access the Website and the way you use and interact with its content.
Our use of Data
9. Any or all of the above Data may be required by us from time to time in order to provide you with the best possible service and experience when using our Website. Specifically, Data may be used by us for the following reasons:
a. internal record keeping;
b. improvement of our products/services;
c. transmission by email of marketing materials that may be of interest to you;
d. contact for market research purposes which may be done using email, telephone, fax or mail. Such information may be used to customise or update the Website;
in each case, in accordance with this privacy notice.
10. We may use your Data for the above purposes if we deem it necessary to do so for our legitimate interests. If you are not satisfied with this, you have the right to object in certain circumstances (see the section headed "Your rights" below).
11. For the delivery of direct marketing to you via e-mail, we'll need your consent, whether via an opt-in:
a. opt-in consent is a specific type of consent which applies when you have previously engaged with us (for example, you contact us to ask us for more details about a particular product/service, and we are marketing similar products/services). Under "soft opt-in" consent, we will take your consent as given unless you opt-out.
b. for other types of e-marketing, we are required to obtain your explicit consent; that is, you need to take positive and affirmative action when consenting by, for example, checking a tick box that we'll provide.
c. if you are not satisfied with our approach to marketing, you have the right to withdraw consent at any time.
To find out how to withdraw your consent, see the section headed "Your rights" below.
12. When you register with us and set up an account to receive our services, the legal basis for this processing is the performance of a contract between you and us and/or taking steps, at your request, to enter into such a contract.
Who we share Data with
13. We may share your Data with the following groups of people for the following reasons:
a. any of our group companies or affiliates - to ensure the proper administration of your website and business;
b. our employees, agents and/or professional advisors - to enable employees to contact you;
in each case, in accordance with this privacy notice.
Keeping Data secure
14. We will use technical and organisational measures to safeguard your Data, for example:
a. access to your account is controlled by a password and a user name that is unique to you.
b. we store your Data on secure servers.
15. Technical and organisational measures include measures to deal with any suspected data breach. If you suspect any misuse or loss or unauthorised access to your Data, please let us know immediately by contacting us via this e-mail address: email@example.com.
16. If you want detailed information from Get Safe Online on how to protect your information and your computers and devices against fraud, identity theft, viruses and many other online problems, please visit www.getsafeonline.org. Get Safe Online is supported by HM Government and leading businesses.
17. Unless a longer retention period is required or permitted by law, we will only hold your Data on our systems for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this privacy notice or until you request that the Data be deleted.
18. Even if we delete your Data, it may persist on backup or archival media for legal, tax or regulatory purposes.
19. You have the following rights in relation to your Data:
a. Right to access - the right to request (i) copies of the information we hold about you at any time, or (ii) that we modify, update or delete such information. If we provide you with access to the information we hold about you, we will not charge you for this, unless your request is "manifestly unfounded or excessive." Where we are legally permitted to do so, we may refuse your request. If we refuse your request, we will tell you the reasons why.
b. Right to correct - the right to have your Data rectified if it is inaccurate or incomplete.
c. Right to erase - the right to request that we delete or remove your Data from our systems.
d. Right to restrict our use of your Data - the right to "block" us from using your Data or limit the way in which we can use it.
e. Right to data portability - the right to request that we move, copy or transfer your Data.
f. Right to object - the right to object to our use of your Data including where we use it for our legitimate interests.
20. To make enquiries, exercise any of your rights set out above, or withdraw your consent to the processing of your Data (where consent is our legal basis for processing your Data), please contact us via this e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org.
21. If you are not satisfied with the way a complaint you make in relation to your Data is handled by us, you may be able to refer your complaint to the relevant data protection authority. For the UK, this is the Information Commissioner's Office (ICO). The ICO's contact details can be found on their website at https://ico.org.uk/.
22. It is important that the Data we hold about you is accurate and current. Please keep us informed if your Data changes during the period for which we hold it.
Links to other websites
23. This Website may, from time to time, provide links to other websites. We have no control over such websites and are not responsible for the content of these websites. This privacy notice does not extend to your use of such websites. You are advised to read the privacy notice or statement of other websites prior to using them.
Changes of business ownership and control
24. Warrior Citizen Science Ltd, may, from time to time, expand or reduce our business and this may involve the sale and/or the transfer of control of all or part of Warrior Citizen Science Ltd. Data provided by Users will, where it is relevant to any part of our business so transferred, be transferred along with that part and the new owner or newly controlling party will, under the terms of this privacy notice, be permitted to use the Data for the purposes for which it was originally supplied to us.
25. We may also disclose Data to a prospective purchaser of our business or any part of it.
26. In the above instances, we will take steps with the aim of ensuring your privacy is protected.
27. You may not transfer any of your rights under this privacy notice to any other person. We may transfer our rights under this privacy notice where we reasonably believe your rights will not be affected.
28. If any court or competent authority finds that any provision of this privacy notice (or part of any provision) is invalid, illegal or unenforceable, that provision or part-provision will, to the extent required, be deemed to be deleted, and the validity and enforceability of the other provisions of this privacy notice will not be affected.
29. Unless otherwise agreed, no delay, act or omission by a party in exercising any right or remedy will be deemed a waiver of that, or any other, right or remedy.
30. This Agreement will be governed by and interpreted according to the law of England and Wales. All disputes arising under the Agreement will be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English and Welsh courts.
Changes to this privacy notice
31. Warrior Citizen Science Ltd, reserves the right to change this privacy notice as we may deem necessary from time to time or as may be required by law. Any changes will be immediately posted on the Website and you are deemed to have accepted the terms of the privacy notice on your first use of the Website following the alterations.
You may contact Ice Warrior Citizen Science Ltd, by email at email@example.com.
32. This privacy notice was created using a document from Rocket Lawyer (https://www.rocketlawyer.co.uk).